On July 16th, we found out this “Divine” project, a Whole House Renovation in River Forest won a prestigious Texas Association of Builders (TAB) 2020 Star Award for Best Whole House Renovation $300K – $400K. Because of the pandemic our usual plans to attend the Sunbelt Builders Show at the Gaylord Texan in Grapevine were changed to a virtual awards celebration, obviously due to safety concerns.
There were numerous interior and exterior improvements made to this home.
The owners found the house to be dark with small rooms, not suited for their aging in place plans. Our team included assistance from Morningside Architects and Interior Trends.
Upon entry, there was a sunken living room that was six inches lower than the rest of the floorplan. It was raised to accommodate their aging in place plans. Walls were removed between two living spaces, the kitchen and dining room to create a completely open great room including a large spacious new kitchen.
New windows and recessed LED lighting brightened up a previously dark space. Flooring is wood-look plank tile, very durable, we added waterproofing layer.
All doors were widened for ADA access, walls removed to create a wider master bedroom. The master closet has custom cabinetry and a built-in window seat for relaxing. French doors allow direct access from the bedroom to their jacuzzi in their back garden. A powder bath was also remodeled.
We remodeled the exterior including a new roof, gutters and installed a new larger paver back patio.
Exceptional features include:
- Aging in place features and improvements include raising the sunken living room, widening of doors and removal of walls to create a great room and large kitchen.
- We removed the walls between the two living rooms, kitchen and dining room to create one totally open flowing dining and entertainment area (about 40 x 30).
- The kitchen and bathroom cabinets are painted wood shaker style, all custom designed and built by Divine Renovation.
- The master closet is very large, has lots of drawers and closets with doors. We designed and custom built the cabinetry. It has a spa like feel. There is a built-in window seat to gaze at the garden
- The master bedroom was made wider for better flow and designed with their furniture and lifestyle in mind. A French door allows direct access to their jacuzzi located in their back garden.
We created a modern, bright, open floorplan for the homeowners to fit their lifestyle and aging-in-place plans. The remodeled kitchen, dining and living space is perfect for entertaining. A new master bedroom suite was created with a large spa like bath and closet with relaxation in mind.